I have always been a “people watcher” and have a keen interest in learning about what motivates behavior. As I continue my education and work to develop my skills as a counselor, I am able to draw on my experience of being married for the last 26 years, and the mother of 8 children. I have also had the opportunity to serve as a youth leader of teens for 8 years. Those roles have given me the opportunity to learn about human development, behavior, and relationships. It has also given me experience in many of the trials that can stand as obstacles that prevent us from getting where we want to go and achieving the life we want. These struggles can come in the form of life events, transitions, or mental illness. Several years ago, upon completing my Bachelor’s degree, I felt strongly that I needed to continue on and receive my Master’s Degree in Counseling. Although that was not part of my original plan and had never been a career I had considered before, it felt right and it was something I knew I needed to do. My faith plays an integral part of my life, and to those who are seeking faith-based counseling, I feel that I can provide that as well. I look forward to working with my clients in finding meaning and purpose in their lives, to helping them achieve their full potential, and finding the joy and peace they desire in their lives. My therapeutic styles include solution-focused therapy, reality therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy and strength-based therapy. I treat individuals, couples, and families.
- Marlayne Worthington is currently a student at MSU-Billings finishing up her Master’s degree in Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling.
- She received her undergrad in Marriage and Family Studies at Brigham Young University-Idaho.
- She is a graduate student at Montana State University – Billings studying to receive her Masters of Science in Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling.
- She is a clinical intern fulfilling the requirement for graduation, and ultimately licensure to be a Mental Health Counselor.
- She is under the supervision of Dawn Dungan, MS, LCPC-S.