I began my career as a lay counselor in the Pastoral Care department of a local church here in Billings, MT. I then decided to return to school to further my education so I could better understand how the psychological, physical, and spiritual (mind-body-spirit) components of a person interact to complete a picture of wellness. I serve adults and adolescents age 15 years and over. I offer individual, family, and couples counseling. My therapeutic orientations include primarily attachment-based, person-centered along with cognitive-behavioral, strengths-based, solution-focused therapies along with faith-based therapy when requested. I practice trauma-informed care. I specialize in concerns related to sexual, emotional, and domestic abuse and trauma, PTSD, as well as depression, anxiety, grief and loss, boundaries, faith-based concerns, building coping skills, communication tools, relationship concerns, chronic illness, and end-of-life issues. I am also trained in EMDR (Eye-movement desensitization and reprocessing) therapy. I have received training for and am a Clinical Supervisor.
- Dawn R. Dungan, MS, LCPC, CCTP has professional training in conducting mental health treatment.
- I hold a Master’s of Science degree in Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling from Montana State University Billings.
- I am licensed as a professional counselor-Supervisor by the state of Montana (#4513).
- I am a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP).
- I am an active member of
- American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC)
- American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA)
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing International Association (EMDRIA)